You will need:
Lion Brand Yarn of your choice (worsted weight or DK weight works best)
A French Knitter (available in the Studio or online)
- Make a slip knot.
- Place slip knot on one of the French Knitter pegs, with tail going through the middle hole.
- Wrap yarn around successive pegs three times, until each peg has one loop of yarn around it.
- Wrap yarn around first peg, above the very first slip knot.
- With tool, lift the slip knot up, over and off the peg, trapping the new yarn as you do so. It may help to hold the working yarn tight against the body of the French Knitter.
Repeat Step 5 until the cord is as long as you would like, tugging on the tail occasionally to judge the length. When you are ready to bind off, cut the yarn and simply pull the end all the way through each loop as you go around all 4 pegs. You can also use a tapestry needle to weave the end through each loop.
Use French Knitting to embellish projects (like the beautiful rainbow cowl by Hélène Seners, pictured above) and look out for our easy charm bracelet tutorial coming soon! Share your favorite projects for French Knitting in the comments!
– See more at: http://www.lionbrand.com/blog/learn-french-knitting-easy-photo-tutorial/#sthash.B2e24sFm.dpuf