Come by Lion Brand Yarn Studio and take a look at this year’s window display for Warm Up America! Giant skeins of yarn and an enormous afghan make this what might be our coziest window ever. As you look at this display, we hope you’ll be reminded of just how much our craft can help the less fortunate.
Help us make this window even cozier and share your skills with someone in need this year. Last year, we collected enough afghan blocks to make over 38 afghans. This year, with your help, we hope to collect even more!
- 7″ x 9″ afghan blocks. Please use machine washable yarn* Please make sure all ends are woven in, and the blocks measure 7″ x 9″
- All blocks must be dropped off in person** to Lion Brand Yarn Studio, 34 West 15th Street, New York, NY 10011
- Now until November 30th, 2011
- Click here for patterns on the Warm Up America! website or here for Lion Brand’s very own Warm Up America! afghan. You can also use LionBrand.com’s StitchFinder to pick out your favorite stitch and start making your own creation.
LBYS is offering 10% off all yarn, hooks, needles and supplies needed to make the afghan blocks. To get the discount, let us know at the register that you are knitting or crocheting for Warm Up America!
Once you have finished turning in all your blocks by November 30th, you will receive a 20% off coupon for your next purchase at Lion Brand Yarn Studio as a thank you for your good works.***
Stay tuned to this blog for more information on a joining party, where we will make the blocks into colorful patchwork afghans to be donated to people in need through shelters, hospitals and social service agencies.
* All blocks must meet the size specifications listed so that they may be joined together easily. You may find it helpful to gauge swatch and block your work.
** If you live outside the New York City area and would like to contribute to Warm Up America!, please click here for instructions on how to ship your afghan blocks directly to them. If you would like to find a charity group in your area, click here for the LionBrand.com Charity Connection.
*** Limit one coupon per customer. Please collect coupon at the time of your final donation.
|The Lion Brand Yarn Studio is located at 34 West 15th Street, New York, NY 10011|