Located just steps from Union Square Park and a busy shopping strip of 5th Avenue, a trip to the Lion Brand Yarn Studio can also be a trip to explore the dining and shopping options in the area. We’ve listed just a few of the places around us that you may want to check out.
For more tips on planning your New York City vacation, click here.
Dining in the Area
- Bourbon Coffee, 43 West 14th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
- Café Season’s, 538 6th Avenue (between West 14th Street and West 15th Street)
- City Bakery, 3 West 18th Street (at 5th Avenue)
- Pret à Manger, 857 Broadway (at East 17th Street)
- Starbucks, 510 6th Avenue (at West 14th Street)
- Chat ‘n Chew, 10 East 16th Street (between Broadway and 5th Avenue)
- Coffee Shop, 29 Union Square West (at East 16th Street)
- Heartland Brewery, 35 Union Square West (between East 16th Street and East 17th Street)
- La Petite Abeille, 44 West 17th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
- Laut, 15 East 17th Street (between Broadway and 5th Avenue)
- Lillie’s, 13 East 17th Street (between Broadway and 5th Avenue)
- Qi, 31 West 14th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
- Blue Water Grill, 31 Union Square West (at East 16th Street)
- Mesa Grill, 102 5th Avenue (between West 15th Street and West 16th Street)
- Rosa Mexicano, 9 East 18th Street (between Broadway and 5th Avenue)
- Union Square Café, 21 E. 16th St. (at Union Square West)
Things to Do in the Area
We are conveniently located near historic Union Square Park, home to a world-famous Greenmarket and a beautiful, tree-filled park. For more information about goings-on in and around Union Square, visit UnionSquareNYC.org. For tips on yarncrafting outdoors, click here to check out a helpful blog post.
Want to discover more parks in our area? Click here for a blog post on our 5 favorite parks for yarncrafting.
There are also many clothing and accessory stores lining 5th Avenue, just steps from LBYS, including 7 for All Mankind, Anthropologie, Banana Republic, Bebe, Club Monaco, Coach, Daffy’s, Gap, H&M, J. Crew, Kate Spade, Kenneth Cole, Loft, Paul Smith, White House/Black Market, and more.
For other local attractions within walking distance, consider the world famous Chelsea Market (a diverse food hall), the Rubin Museum of Art, NYU’s Grey Art Gallery, the High Line (the popular park built on an old elevated train track), or Eataly (a sprawling Italian market with many restaurants).