This summer, we’ll be hosting a very special trunk show. Mountain Meadow Wool will be available in our Manhattan Studio this June and July. Mountain Meadow Wool is a Wyoming-based spinning mill that prides itself on upholding the tradition of the American wool industry. And these traditions produce some gorgeous yarns! 16 local Wyoming ranching families produce the wool that’s spun by Mountain Meadow, so every skein connects the crafter directly to the West.
Mountain Meadow Wool Cares for Nature
Mountain Meadow Wool prioritizes the ‘nature’ in natural fiber, so all their products and practices are 100% natural. They use only environmentally-friendly, bio-degradable cleaners and vegetable-based spinning oil. Their manufacturing practices are also eco-friendly, and ensure that their wools retain their inherent lanolin, so they’re luxurious and soft. In addition, they recycle 50% of the water used in the process. When you pick out a Mountain Meadow Wool yarn, you’ll feel that you’re crafting with a fiber imbued with respect for nature and sustainability.
Mountain Meadow Wool Yarns
- 100% Mountain Merino Combed Wool
- 200yds per 100g skein
- 4 Shades: Russet, Spruce, Fern, and Pansy
- 3-ply construction combines 1 strand each of three shades of wool.
- 100% Mountain Merino Worsted
- 210yds per 100g skein
- 6 Colors: Wild Plum, Glacier, Fire, Navy, Sand, and Moss
- 50/50 Blend of Mountain Merino & Bamboo Viscose
- This wool & bamboo combination creates a heathered effect.
- 260yds per 56g skein
- 5 Colors: Pansy, Charcoal, Teal, Pumpkin, and Lupine
- 3-ply construction of Merino-Targhee sheep’s wool.
- 265yds per 100g skein
- 6 Colors, plus un-dyed natural cream: Chestnut, Berry, Pansy, Fern, Denim, and Charcoal
- 4 Mini-Skeins of the Alpine DK
- 60yds/each for a total of 240yds
- 3 Color Sets: Pinks, Blues, Greens
- 100% Mountain Merino Wool
- 185yds per 56g skein
- 2-ply construction combines 1 strand of each of 2 natural shades
- Colors: Gypsum Light Grey, Shale Medium Grey, and Flint Dark Grey
- A luxury blend of 75% Mountain Merino Wool and 25% Hand-Pulled American Bison Down.
- 185yds per 56g skein
- 5 Colors, plus the natural taupe shade: Brick, Grass, Pansy, Scarlet, and Spruce
Visit the Great West
Take a trip out West when you craft with a skein of Mountain Meadow Wool. Think of it as a road-trip for your needles or hook! Visit our Manhattan Studio to see and feel all their beautiful yarns we’ll have for the trunk show. For those interested, we’ll be able to offer special orders during the whole run of the trunk show! If you need more yarn than we have available, let us know and we can place a special order for you.