Spinning a Yarn: an Evening of Stories at The Lion Brand Studio
Literally, with every fiber of our beings, people are seeking to create rich and meaningful lives informed by the things we do, who we choose to do those things with and what we make of those experiences. Because the art of storytelling shares such a powerful vernacular with handmade communities, we thought, "Let’s do a show."
On June 4th, at 6:00 pm
The Lion Brand Yarn Studio , CraftStylish.com bloggers and professional storytellers Jeffrey Rudell & Michaela Murphy, and our online communities will present a special evening of spinning tales, weaving narratives, needling conundrums and unraveling stories from our crafty lives.
We Want to Hear Your Stories
In addition to the stories told by Jeffrey, Michaela and some of your friends here at Lion Brand, we are especially eager to hear from you. Anyone who has spent five minutes sitting with a group of knitters or other crafters knows, boy, do we have stories to tell!
How to Share Your Story – click this link.
Tell us a story about your creative experiences. The project that saved your life, the impossible pattern that took you beyond your wildest dreams, the ‘never again’ that you find yourself doing over and over,the handmade gift that allowed you to say what words could not, or the how-to, the quick tip, the mind blowing creative discovery that changed everything.
Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Stories should not exceed five-hundred words.
- Start in the Action: begin your story right where it heats up, tell us only what is important, who the players are, what is at stake (hopes, fears) and let it fly.
- Craft a beautiful story arc with a beginning, middle and end.
- Know where your story is headed and have a clear and well defined destination for the story that you are telling.
- Need some story telling inspiration? Check out Michaela Murphy’s hilarious Crafte’s Inferno series on CraftStylish.com!
Write up your story and submit it to the Lion Brand Spinning a Yarn no later then May 19th
We will contact the writers of the five chosen stories by May 26th. For those of in the New York area, you will be invited to read your own story, if not, Michael or Jeffery will read your story.
Come join us as we gather around to hear the fantastic tales crafted out of our personal experiences!