Come meet the effervescent Laura Nelkin, author of Knockout Knits! Laura’s accessory designs are stunning and make awesome gifts. On September 18th she’s coming to Lion Brand Yarn Studio to share some stories about how she gets her inspiration for these wonderful, unconventional designs. In the mean time, in order to get to know Laura a little better, we decided to ask her the Pivot questionnaire made popular by James Lipton on Inside the Actor’s Studio. Here are her answers:
1. What is your favorite word? Me now: Awesomesauce My inner teenager: Yarn Balls
2. What is your least favorite word? Me now: Unacceptable My inner teenager: Inappropriate
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A shower, live music, FOOD, and new craft supplies!
4. What turns you off? Negativity
5. What is your favorite curse word? Oh, the F-Bomb!
6. What sound or noise do you love? Spring Peepers
7. What sound or noise do you hate? An adolescent rooster crowing at 4 am!
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’ve always thought I’d make a boss lawyer, or maybe a comedian?
9. What profession would you not like to do? I would not enjoy being a dental hygienist.
Join us September 18th to find out whether Laura would actually make a good comedian!