If making a cardigan has been on your crafting wishlist, then we have the perfect class for you. Edita will be teaching a three-part class starting this November that will take you through the process from start to finish. Her Top Down Crochet Cardi class will cover techniques that are applicable to any garment process, from yarn selection all the way through to finishing. Since many garment classes can focus on knits, this is a special opportunity for crocheters to get all their questions answered!
The Perfect Cardi
This three-part class will focus on the Perfect Crochet Cardigan Pattern from Lion Brand, which you can check out here. The pattern is a Level 4 – Intermediate + pattern, but don’t be intimidated. One crafter even commented that it’s easy to crochet and turns out beautifully, and you’re sure to be on the right track with Edita as your guide.
Top Down Crochet Cardi
November 12, 26, & December 10 | 6pm – 8pm
In Part 1, students will swatch for their cardigans, take measurements, and determine which size to make. You’ll also have the chance to purchase any materials you need during this first session. By the end of class, you’ll have started your cardigan, and be ready to take the next steps at home.
- Tuition: $75 / Three 2-Hour Sessions
- Skills Needed: Students must know how to chain, sc, dc, hdc, sl st, and do basic increases & decreases (and work them without supervision).
- Worsted Weight CYC 4 Yarn (LB Collection Merino Yak Alpaca, LB Collection Anya Yarn, Fisherman’s Wool, Jeans, Jeans Colors, Heartland, Wool-Ease, or Vanna’s Choice)
- Crochet Hooks: I-9 (5.5mm), J-10 (6mm), and a few larger & smaller hooks
- Stitch Markers, Large Eye Blunt Needle, Paper & Pencil