Here at LBYS we have a broad selection of traditional classes for all skill levels where students can learn in a group setting. These are listed on the “Knit/Crochet Basics”, “Workshops” and “Master Classes” tabs on our website.
But knitters’ and crocheters’ needs don’t always fit into pre-determined categories and sometimes it’s difficult to know exactly what you need. For that reason we offer several Drop-In Classes so we can offer individualized instruction in small groups. These sessions are not free, but they are more economical than private lessons, without compromising flexibility.
Knitters and crocheters can encounter any number of potential snags on the road to a completed project:
- confusing (or wrong) instructions
- unfamiliar techniques
- even boredom!
If you’ve hit a snag because you don’t understand your pattern, your pattern is telling you to do something you don’t know how to do, you’ve made a mistake or you’re pulling an old project out of mothballs and don’t remember where you left off, one of our Drop-In Classes can get you going again.
Sign up one session at a time, or if you’re taking on a big project (like a sweater) we offer a great deal on 4 sessions that you can use whenever you need to. Credits are valid for one year from date of purchase, so drop on in!
- Sweater School with Gretchen is offered Wednesdays from 2:30 – 4:00 pm.
- Drop-In Help, Knit or Crochet with Rhiannon is offered Thursdays from 12:30 – 2:00 pm and one Sunday per month.
- Drop-In Help, Crochet with Edita is offered one Tuesday evening a month following our Free Crochet Clinic.
- Drop-In Help, Knit with Gretchen is offered one Wednesday evening a month following our Free Knitting Clinic.
If you’re not sure what you need, we always advise coming to one of our weekly Free Clinics that meet at the project table in the store. We’ll be happy to help you figure out what your next step should be, and sometimes we can even help you right there! 5 to 10 minutes of Free help is offered on a first come, first served basis so be sure to put your name on the list when you arrive.
Crochet Clinic meets Tuesdays from 5:30 – 6:30.
Knitting Clinic meets Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30.