Whether you want to take a class or a private lesson, we have the right fit for you.
Our classes and workshops are offered on evenings, weekdays, and on Sundays. New schedules are posted on the last Sunday of every month. You can book online or by phone at 212-243-9070.
Each month in our three beautiful
event spaces we offer:
- A range of classes from beginner to advanced levels.
- Instruction from our experienced staff members.
- Master Classes taught by yarncrafting experts from all over the world.
Class gift certificates:
Give the gift of education. Class and workshop gift certificates are available through our online booking service. You may buy a gift certificate for a value of your choosing. Click here to purchase.
The Crochet Doctor is in every Tuesday from 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
The Knit Doctor is in every Wednesday from 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
Click on the menu items below for more information about classes at LBYS!
Select a class from our catalog of over 100 classes (classes rotate each month, so there are many options that may not be on the current schedule) or tell us what you’re hoping to learn, and we’ll work with you to accommodate your request.
- Private knitting, and crochet lessons are offered for $45 per hour.
- Weaving Private lessons are offered for $65 per 90 minute session (for first time weavers) or $45 per hour.
- Machine Knitting Private lessons are offered for $75 per 90 minute session (for first time session), or $50 per hour.
- Duet lessons, perfect for parent and child or two friends, are offered for $65 per hour in knitting, crochet or weaving, and $75 per hour in machine knitting,
- Privates and Duets are available during regular business hours.
We also offer paid drop-in classes to help you with a particular project. Because these classes are on going, your sessions do not have to be used consecutively. Just take your time and use the sessions when you need them. You can pay as you go, or book 4 sessions at a time for a reduced rate. Your sessions will not be marked as used until you come in!
Sweater School – For Knitter’s
Finally get over your fear of sweater knitting & let us help you every step of the way. You can bring a pattern you always wanted to try, or we can help you find the perfect pattern. In the first session you will be measured and we will discuss how to adapt an existing pattern to fit you perfectly, or (if you have previous sweater knitting experience) how to design a simple sweater for yourself. We will walk you through yarn selection & swatching. In the following three sessions you will come back and work through your sweater from cast on to finishing.
Project Knitting and Crochet
ave a unfinished project that you need help completing? Want to learn a new technique or start a brand new project. Come work with Andrea on any project you like. Pair this with the free follow up of the Crochet Doctor on Tuesday nights & the Knitting Doctor on Wednesday nights, and you’ll get that special project finished in no time.
Class Photo Gallery
(Click on the photos to see them full-screen. Then use the left and right arrows to scroll through them; click the X in the top-left corner to exit. If you’re viewing this blog post in your email or RSS reader, you may need to click the title to see it with full functionality on our website.)
Loyalty Program & Discounts
We have partnered up with Perkville to set up this program for you which integrates directly with our online booking system. When students attend a class they automatically earn a point for every dollar they spent on that class, and Perkville sends an email the next morning inviting them to track their points online at www.perkville.com. Students that have enough points for a reward can redeem their points on Perkville and bring in a printed voucher that they can use as payment when they book a class.
You can also earn points for sharing your love of yarncrafting with a friend. Perkville will help you do it with their refer a friend e-mail. When your friend registers for a class, you will earn 20 points!
Remember the rewards levels increase the more points you earn, so the more you learn, the more you save!
What you can get with your points
- $10 off any class or workshop (requires 200pts)
- $25 off any class or workshop (requires 400pts)
- $50 off any class or workshop (requires 500pts)
Perkville is a trusted partner of our scheduling system. Perkville will never share or use any Lion Brand Yarn Studio student information.
And get 50 points just for joining!
Every graduate deserves a reward! For every class you complete at Lion Brand Yarn Studio, you’ll receive 10% off your next purchase.*
- Good only for purchases made on the last day of your class or workshop (you can shop before or after that class)
- Good only for items carried in the Lion Brand Yarn Studio (not online orders)
- Cannot be combined with any other sale or discount
*Not valid for Master Classes, Project Knitting & Crochet, Sweater School, or other discounted packages.
Early Bird Pricing
* Not valid on Master classes or class packages. Cancelled classes or workshops purchased with early bird pricing can only be returned for class credit.