Classes and workshops for March and April are available for sign ups! Click here to view the class schedule.
At Lion Brand Yarn Studio, we’re proud to offer a wide variety of educational programming, from beginning level classes in both knitting and crochet to workshops in all sorts of knitting, crocheting, and yarncrafting techniques, including weaving, dyeing, and felting.
Whether you want to take a group class or a private lesson, we have the right fit for you.
Our classes (2-6 people) are offered on evenings, and Sundays. You can book online or by phone at 212-243-9070. If you prefer learning one-on-one, or don’t see what you’re looking for in our current schedule, we also offer private / duet lessons during our regular store hours.
We also offer free, drop-in knitting & crochet help at the Studio each week:
Free Crochet Clinic Tuesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
Free Knitting Clinic Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
Please note: the clinics will change times beginning in March. Crochet clinic will be Tuesdays from 4:30 – 5:30, and knitting clinic will be Wednesdays, 5:30 – 6:30.
For more information on classes & workshops at LBYS, and how to book, read on!
Download our app for booking your next class!
About MindBody Online: Navigating Our Booking Site
Clicking on any of the buttons below will take you to our online booking site, where you can view and enroll in our upcoming classes, workshops, and free events, or request a private lesson appointment. Here are a few tips!
- Tabs at the top of the screen will direct you to the category, where you can scroll to see all courses or events in that section. (ex: class vs. private lesson)
- A drop-down menu in the upper right will allow you to narrow your results even further. (ex: knitting vs. crochet, or knitting 1 vs. knitting 2)
- You can also enter a date to see what’s available that day or week.
- Click “Sign Up Now!” to book or RSVP – you will be guided through our site registration, and will soon be on your way to learning something awesome!
Click on the headers to go to our booking site and view our current schedule:
Start at “Knit/Crochet Basics” to sign up for our basic skill classes. These self-paced sessions will get you off to a great start on your knit or crochet journey. Once completed you will be ready to make a wide variety of projects.
- Step 1 is a beginning class for students are brand-new to the craft, students learn how to start a project and work the most basic stitch.
- Step 2 builds on the introductory material in Step 1, introducing additional stitches.
- Step 3 covers increases, decreases, and more complex pattern reading to prepare students for many types of projects.
Tell us what you’re hoping to learn, and we’ll work with you to accommodate your request.
- Private knitting, and crochet lessons are offered for $55 per hour.
- Weaving Private lessons are offered for $75 per 90 minute session (for first time weavers) or $55 per hour.
- Machine Knitting Private lessons are offered for $75 per 90 minute session (for first time session), or $55 per hour.
- Duet lessons, perfect for parent and child or two friends, are offered for $75 per hour in knitting, crochet or weaving, and $120 per hour in machine knitting,
- Privates and Duets are available during regular business hours.
We also offer paid drop-in classes to help you with a particular project. Because these classes are on going, your sessions do not have to be used consecutively. Just take your time and use the sessions when you need them. You can pay as you go, or book 4 sessions at a time for a reduced rate. Your sessions will not be marked as used until you come in!
Have an unfinished project that you need help completing? Want to learn a new technique or start a brand new project. Come work with one of our expert staff on any project you like. Pair this with the free follow up of the Crochet Doctor on Tuesday nights & the Knitting Doctor on Wednesday nights, and you’ll get that special project finished in no time.
Class Photo Gallery
(Click on the photos to see them full-screen. Then use the left and right arrows to scroll through them; click the X in the top-left corner to exit. If you’re viewing this blog post in your email or RSS reader, you may need to click the title to see it with full functionality on our website.)
Loyalty Program & Discounts
We have partnered up with Perkville to set up this program for you which integrates directly with our online booking system. When students attend a class they automatically earn a point for every dollar they spent on that class, and Perkville sends an email the next morning inviting them to track their points online at www.perkville.com. Students that have enough points for a reward can redeem their points on Perkville and bring in a printed voucher that they can use as payment when they book a class. You can also earn points for sharing your love of yarncrafting with a friend. Perkville will help you do it with their refer a friend e-mail. When your friend registers for a class, you will earn 20 points! Remember the rewards levels increase the more points you earn, so the more you learn, the more you save!
What you can get with your points
- $10 off any class or workshop (requires 200pts)
- $25 off any class or workshop (requires 400pts)
- $50 off any class or workshop (requires 500pts)
Perkville is a trusted partner of our scheduling system. Perkville will never share or use any Lion Brand Yarn Studio student information.
Every graduate deserves a reward! For every class you complete at Lion Brand Yarn Studio, you’ll receive 10% off your next purchase.*
- Good only for purchases made on the last day of your class (you can shop before or after that class)
- Good only for items carried in the Lion Brand Yarn Studio (not online orders)
- Cannot be combined with any other sale or discount
*Not valid for Drop-in Help or class packages.