Next in our series of Christmas in July courses, neck warmers! Here are three classes, knit and crochet, to learn to make some beautiful projects. Each is unique enough to stand out as a very special holiday gift, and you’ll learn techniques to carry with you into many future projects, too. Read on for more details about Crochet Lace Shawl, Irish Crochet Scarf, and Brioche Basics, and find links to enroll below! And in case you missed it, check out our previous posts about Making Hats for the Holidays, and Hands & Feet.
Join Edita for this special workshop, and learn all about how crochet lace works. You’ll be making this beautiful shawl, which would be a very elevated option for holiday gifting! Edita will teach students how to understand a crochet lace pattern, practice skills by swatching, and get started on your shawl before you head home. Click here to enroll.
- Monday, July 30 | 5pm – 8pm
- Tuition: $60/ 3 Hour Class
- Skills Needed: Students must know how to chain, sc, dc, and be comfortable working in rows without supervision.
- Materials Needed: Approximately 1020yd of worsted weight yarn: Vanna’s Choice, Wool-Ease, LB Collection Merino Yak Alpaca, Heartland, Jeans, Touch of Alpaca, 24/7 Cotton, Shawl in a Ball, or Fishermen’s Wool.
- You’ll Also Need: Crochet Hook Size K 10.5 (6.5mm), Large-Eye Blunt Needles, Scissors, Pencil & Paper
This workshop is the perfect chance to learn the basics of Irish crochet!
In session one, you’ll learn how to make the lace mesh that will form the base of your scarf, and start learning how to make the leaves for the roses. Edita will introduce variations for making different types of mesh, so you’ll have options.
In session two, you’ll make the roses and then focus on placing the flowers & leaves and seam them to the mesh for your finished product. This scarf will be just the beginning of putting these skills to beautiful use.
- Monday, July 16 & 23 | 4pm – 6pm
- Tuition: $65 / Two 2 Hour Sessions
- Skills Needed: Students must know how to work chain, sc, dc, and work in the round, without supervision.
- Materials Needed: 4 balls of Vanna’s Glamour (any color!)
- You’ll Also Need: Crochet Hook Size G 6, Scissors, Large-Eye Blunt Needle, Stitch Markers
Brioche is the technique on everybody’s needles these days, and we’ve got the perfect class for you to learn it! Join Gretchen and learn the basics of this beautiful stitch, and begin this fetching cowl. Each side will present a dominant color, so it makes a great gift someone can wear a little differently every day. Gretchen will teach the special Brioche knit and purl, how to work with two colors, and how to work Brioche in the round. You’ll be inspired to work this stitch into all your holiday gifts!
- Friday, July 27 | 1pm – 4pm
- Tuition: $60 / 3 Hour Class
- Skills Needed: Students must know how to cast on, knit and purl, and work them in a pattern without supervision. Students must also be comfortable knitting in the round on one circular needle.
- Materials Needed: 1 ball each of 2 contrasting colors of Wool-Ease, Heartland, or Fishermen’s Wool.
- You’ll Also Need: 16″ Circular Needle US Size 6 or 7 (about two sizes smaller than you would typically use for your yarn choice), Scissors, Large-Eye Blunt Needle, Stitch Marker